Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Inspired By a Snapshot

As a kid my parents like to go for drives. I hated it! Ugh! Having to sit for hours in a car away from the television was torture for a kid. We would never get home before dark and it just sucked! I soon learned that at night you could see into houses with lights on.  I would see people sitting around watching television, families doing what families do, but best of all I could see inside of the houses. I could see how people really lived in a snapshot, a view into their life through a window. Life framed and seen through a piece of glass. 



I always wondered what it would be like to live in that house, was it a happy place? What were the people like that lived there? I had so many questions that I would have loved to ask them but never having the opportunity too. I am a pretty shy person anyone that really knows me knows this. But, I like to talk with people.  People are really fascinating. I love sharing stories, family and food.


Yes this really is my kitchen window. It's a little cluttered but I love the view!

As an adult I have found that most of us don’t know how others really live. We are only allowed to see snapshots into their lives. I decided I wanted a place to share a snapshot at a time of my life framed with a view from my kitchen window. I look forward to wherever this adventure takes me and hope that I finally get the answers to some of those questions I never got to ask. I hope to get the opportunity to see the view from your windows, whether it’s the kitchen window or the basement.





No comments:

Post a Comment