Thursday, December 15, 2011

Hello, Martha...Sometimes Houseguests Just Don’t Know When to Leave!

For the last two years I have worked part time on the weekends. The first year I was home during the week I cooked a lot and took lots of naps. Then “she” arrived, hmmm….what to do, what to do?  There were so many things to get done and each day seemed to go by so quickly the lists just keep getting longer and longer. Argh!
First it was the laundry room, then the dining room, and the bedroom. Plans are already in place for the kids rooms. I have even organized the pantry more times than I would like to say.  I am no clean freak let me tell you, I will leave that to my mom and sisters. I like a house that is lived in, a place that you can put your feet on the furniture and not worry about it. Ever since “she” arrived it is work, work, and work! Everything has a place and every place has a thing. It can be cute and functional. When will it stop?


I just love my dining room!

Don’t get me wrong, I love that lots of things are getting done. She has been awesome around here. It’s just that, well………when is she going to leave? Really, I like taking naps and going for walks on the beach when the kids are at school. Really I do.
My house has not looked better in years. Oh sure it is not perfect but I would rather be having fun with my family than cleaning. There is always something that needs to get done, although my house has been really looking much better since she arrived.
I just want to know one thing…
When is she leaving?


No comments:

Post a Comment